Simple Troubleshooting Steps
Having trouble getting Hatchlings to load? Does your game seem to be running unusually slow? These are the basic troubleshooting steps we recommend you try first
- Refresh the page
- Check your Browser Zoom, be sure it is set to 100% or "Normal" (Instructions Link for Chrome) (Instructions Link for Firefox) (Instructions Link for Safari)
- Clear cache and cookies in your browser (Instructions Link for Chrome) (Instructions Link for Firefox) (Instructions Link for Edge) (Instructions Link for Safari)
- Go to https://apps.facebook.com/hatchlings/
- Try a different web browser (we recommend Google Chrome)
- Try disabling your browser extensions, including ad blockers, to see if they are interfering. (Chrome Extensions) (Firefox Extensions)
- If you are playing in Chrome, check your plugins. Click here for instructions on how to find your plugin settings. Choose the "Run all plugin content" option.
- Check your Internet Connection Download Speed
- Go to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest
- Choose any location to begin the test
- We recommend a Download Speed of 1.00 Mbps or greater for optimal playing
- Scan your computer for malware or viruses using antivirus software of your choice. Conversely, antivirus software can occasionally block the game, so also check your antivirus software to make sure it is not causing the problem.
- Make sure your browser has third-party cookies enabled. Read more about third-party cookies here.
NOTE: Created in 2008 for the Facebook platform, Hatchlings is a browser game, and was not designed to be played on mobile devices. While we do our best to make the game work as well as possible on as many devices as possible, you will always have the best experience playing Hatchlings on a desktop or laptop computer.
In almost all cases, these steps will fix the most common causes of issues and loading problems with Hatchlings. If you do not understand these instructions or don't feel comfortable trying them, we recommend having a tech-savvy friend or trained technician look at your computer.
If you need more help, please contact support.
If you can not load the contact form, you can email support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link you your Facebook or Hatchlings profile so we can look up your account.