Missing some or all of the friends on your friend list? Don't worry, we can help you get them back!
The most common cause of missing friends is when the game accidentally gets bad data from Facebook. The good news is that this is temporary, and usually fixes itself after a little while. If your friends are missing for over 24 hours, you can contact Hatchlings support to have your friend list data refreshed.
The other known cause of missing friends is if Hatchlings does not have permission to view your friend list data on Facebook. Here are the steps to check and update your settings:
- Go to: https://www.facebook.com/games/manage
- Find Hatchlings, and click the "gear" button to bring up your settings
- Under "Info you provide to this app:" you should see "Friend List" If you do not see that option, you will need to reinstall the game.
- Click "Remove App" at the bottom of that settings window to uninstall Hatchlings.
- Go directly to https://apps.facebook.com/hatchlings/ to reinstall the game (you may need to clear your browser cache first for this to work)
- A window will pop up that says "Hatchlings will receive..." On that window, click the blue link that says "Edit This"
- On the "Info You Provide" page, make sure "Friend List" has a blue check mark next to it, then click the "Continue as [name]" button.
When you start playing again, your friends may not show up right away. In that case, contact support to have your friend list data refreshed.