From browser updates to code changes, there are a lot of things that can make your Hatchlings experience less than EGGciting. The one thing we want more than anything is to help you get back to hunting eggs! To do that, we need to identify what's causing the issue. You can help us with that—all we need is the right information.
Depending on the problem, the information needed to track down the issue may vary. Here are some examples of info that we almost always need:
- The device you're using to play and its operating system (e.g. A Dell XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10). If you're not sure about what type of device or operating system you have, you can usually find that information in your system settings.
- The browser you're using to play when this issue is occurring. We recommend using Google Chrome to play Hatchlings.
- The URL you use to play Hatchlings (e.g. https://aws.hatchlings.com)
- Describe in as much detail as possible the problem that you are experiencing, and the steps you went through before encountering that problem (this will help us attempt to reproduce it).
- Tell us what IS happening, as opposed to what isn't happening. For example, rather than "Hatchlings isn't loading," you could say, "When I try to load Hatchlings, all I see is the Hatchlings logo and the loading bar."
- If you've attempted to troubleshoot the problem on your own, please describe any steps you've already taken.
Here is a good example of a helpful message:
Hello, I play Hatchlings on an iPad Air MC785LL/A. OS version is 12.3.1. I use Google Chrome. To play Hatchlings, I open Chrome and click on the Hatchlings link in my bookmarks bar. It takes me to hatchlings.com. The main problem I have is that when I play in Power Mode, the screen scrolls or jumps as I tap on the eggs. This doesn't happen if I tap with one finger, but I like to play with two hands mostly. I've tried turning Multitasking Gestures off, but it doesn't appear to have changed anything.
Other helpful steps you can take
- Go through all of the steps on our troubleshooting page. These typically solve the most common loading or display issues.
- Follow any instructions the Hatchlings support team gives you. They are trying their best to help you out, and that can sometimes involve trying troubleshooting steps you've already done, or even occasionally downloading software.
- Include screenshots or video of the issue if you can. Uncropped screenshots are best.
- See if you can reproduce the problem. Even better, see if you can reproduce the problem when using a different browser or device. This will help us learn what could be causing the problem.